If you experience pain in joints, stiffness in your body, or trouble moving around, you might have arthritis. Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints in the body that limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing, and bathing.
What causes arthritis?
The exact causes of arthritis are not known. However, the following are some of the major factors that contribute to the development of arthritis:
- Gender (Women are more likely to develop arthritis than men)
- Work factors
Types of arthritis
- Osteoarthritis: Arthritis, often related to aging or an injury.
- Autoimmune arthritis: A type of arthritis that develops when your body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy cells in your body. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of these kinds.
- Juvenile arthritis: Arthritis that develops in children.
- Infectious arthritis: This is due to an infection that spreads from another part of the body to the joint.
- Psoriatic arthritis: Arthritis that affects people with psoriasis.
- Gout: A type of arthritis that develops due to higher levels of uric acid accumulated in the body. This is a painful condition.
PRP for arthritis
PRP or platelet-rich plasma is one of the effective methods of treating arthritis and many other conditions. It is more effective than hyaluronic acid injections in treating arthritis.
PRP or platelet-rich plasma is a substance that helps to heal the injured or damaged area when injected. PRP shots use blood's natural healing properties to repair damaged cartilage, tendons, ligaments, muscles, or even bone.
Orthogen care offers effective management of arthritis using PRP. In mild cases of arthritis, PRP treatment can prevent further degeneration. In the case of severe arthritis, PRP treatment can help to minimize the pain and also to improve the functioning. This can help to avoid surgery in the case of spinal fusion and joint replacements as well. If you are worried about your joint pain and stiffness of your body, book an appointment at Orthogen care.